Saturday 22 January 2011

Soon it begins

I am in preparation mode for the return to school as many are but this time I don't just have my darling husabdn going back to work I have my eldest starting Prep! I guess I'm lucky as there isn't much to do. Uniforms were purchased last year, bag given as a Christmas gift and school books paid for as part of the school levy. I don't hae to buy and cover books which is a blessing I just have to mentally prepare myself for the beginning of the end. Well it actually started last year when she went off to kindy but now she is away from me for more hours of waking time than she is with me. That is scary for me. It was hard enough all the little saying and behaviours she brought home from kindy I can't even imagine what it's going to be like in the coming years.
I am very happy too though. She is so excited and has been since she turned 4. For some reason she had it in her head that when she turned 4 she would be going to school so the count down has been on. I am excited for her and excited also to be able to spend more one-on-one time with the other girls. Hollie is the lime light hogger of the family so it will be fantastic to spend the time with the others.
I'll let you all know how the first day goes, how I cope with the routine of school drop offs and pick ups and I'll let you know if I cry.

No comments: