Monday 17 January 2011

So much news

Since November (the last time I updated) so much has happened.


1. School finished so Kevin has spent time looking after me, letting me sleep in, chasing kids around, rousing on kids (and giving me a break from it), cooking dinners ( I have cooked a total of 3 meals since the beginning of December) and generally being the best husband and Daddy in the world.

2. Christmas was celebrated and is a distant memory now. I was 10 days overdue on Christmas day and kept hoping I wouldn't go into labour. We had a very quiet day with just our small family, the 5 of us. We didn't go over board on food but ate a lot of desserts.

3. Baby Lisa Lily was born at 1342 on the 31st of December weighing 7lb 9oz in the world's (my world) shortest labour. 2 1/2hours from the time the put the drip in. Oh how much energy did I have after that! Wow. Very quick.
Lisa's baptism with Fr Jordan and proxy Godparents Gran and Grandpuff.
Hollie is such a big help with Lisa.

4. On the 7th of January we flew to Brisbane so Lisa could meet the families and be baptised. Kevin also attended a PD while we were there which was the other main reason for us going.

5. I celebrated my 29th birthday.

6. During our time in Brisbane the floods hit. We went and had a look at the fast flowing Brisbane River. Amazing! We saw pontoons floating down the river. It was so fast. Our prayers are with the people who lost family and friends in the disaster and to those people whose property was damaged or destroyed. Mum's place took a battering and her roads are in very poor condition. We spent a few hours helping her shift rocks and repair the road before returning to Brisbane to celebrate our wedding anniversary.






Lisa's Godparents Matthew and Zoe.
Now it's back to reality and the adventure of 2011 begins. Tonight we got back on the bikes and rode for 30mins. Next week we start school and a hectic life.
Until next time. Thanks for looking.

No comments: