Saturday 25 April 2009

ANZAC Day



What a wonderful day ANZAC Day is. It is so fantastic to see all the young people out in support of our diggers. We went this morning. Kevin marched with the school and I waited at the park for the parade to come to the park. The girls were pretty good but by the time the service started they were itching to do something and the lure of the park became too much. I ended up supervising the older girls on the swings and the slippery slide while Kevin held Hannah.

The reality of a newborn has finally set in. I have finally started to feel the tiredness of a newborn. I also haven’t been going to bed early enough and to add to that the hormones of post labour, I’m well and truly tired but Kevin let me have a sleep today which was good. It didn’t make me feel any better but at least I got a few extra hours sleep which he didn’t get.

Of course Kevin had to watch Essendon play Collingwood today so the girls got decked out in their Bombers gear. A bit cute and I’ve resigned myself to the fact that they are all going to be Bombers supporters even though Jessica is supposed to be a Lions supporter like me. I could get some really good pages with the three in black and red. Poor me. I’ll be all alone in my blue, maroon and yellow.

No comments: