1. He makes time for us every day. He knows how important it is for us to connect daily. Our lives are so busy. 5 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats and 5 chickens makes our lives full and hectic. From day one he has made the effort to put me and us first even when he knows I'm not putting him first. I love him for this.
2. He is the most amazing Dad in the world. Anyone can be a father but only special men get to be Dads. He is one of those. I am so grateful to have married a man who really appreciates and values his role as a Dad. The kids all adore him which is testament to his dedication to them.
Giving Hannah a cuddle. Always the comforter. He is such a great Dad.
3. He makes me laugh. As frustrating as he sometimes is he manages to make me laugh every day. He teases me, tickles me, shares his stories from work, tells me jokes. He makes me laugh at myself. I love that he can put a smile on my face and make me feel so young and carefree.
4. He values what I do as a mother at home. I know sometimes it feels as though he doesn't value the effort it takes to wash, fold and iron 3 loads of washing or how many times I've tidied those particular toys away in one day but I know he does. He loves that I am home with our kids and not at work. He appreciates the lessons I teach the kids and the love I give them when I'm with them. I am glad he doesn't want me to go back to work any time soon.
5. He's such a supportive husband. After every new baby he cooks every evening meal for the first 4 or more weeks. How amazing it that? He fixes things, tidies, cleans and helps with the kids without being asked. Who wouldn't love this man?
Kevin Joshua being cuddled by Daddy at the hospital soon after his birth. Now starts his cooking. At least Kevin will know how to cook. His Dad will teach him that men cook too.
6. If I give him a list of jobs he will do it. He will do what needs to be done to help me around the house. It took a few years for us to sort out this system. Prior to the list system I would get frustrated that I'd have to nag him to do jobs. With the list system I write out this list and he does the jobs in his time. AND he's quite efficient too.
7. He is deeply religious and has changed my life because of it. He has shown me a way to live my life. He has shown me another world. Thank you darling.
8. He supports my hobby. He values my hobby. He enjoys the discussions we both have about our hobbies. He encourages me to spend money on my hobby, maybe that's so he doesn't feel guilty about spending money on his hobby. LOL. Not many women have a husband who says spend my money.
9. He takes photos because they would be good to scrapbook like this photo of Lisa who fell asleep at the door to the girls' room because she wanted me to fill up one of my water bottles for her even though she had her own. He's a true scrapbooker's husband.
10. He holds my hand. Just that show of support when I'm sad or that affection. He also knows what it does to me. I love him dearly. I hope he still holds my hand when I'm 90.